Apple-Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (may use vegetable broth if preferred)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole milk plain yoghurt
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except yoghurt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Let cool. Put in blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Finally add the yoghurt and blend. Serve as is or return to pot to reheat but do not boil. Enjoy!